A short and non-comprehensive guide to Nightmare Races:
- They are held at 7.30pm during the winter months.
- They are generally trail, beach or hill races.
- They can be between 2 miles and 10 miles.
- They need to be tackled using torchlight.
- They are open to anyone.
- They ask for £1 donation for charity.
- They are surprisingly highly regarded by their participants.
- They usually don't have marshalls or timekeepers.
- They do have race results and a newspaper report though.
- They aren't entirely scary and are perfectly safe*
*Depends on your mentality and outlook.