Race: 5th May 2019
The annual Lomonds of Fife Hill race for juniors will take place on Sunday 5th May. This race is part of the Junior Hill Racing league – for full details of the league, see http://www.scottishhillrunners.uk/Juniors.aspx. The categories are U20 (defined as born 2000–2002), U17 (born 2003-2004), U15 (born 2005-2006), with separate male and female awards. There will also be a (non-League) race for U13s (born 2007 or later; runners born in 2011 or later are to be accompanied).
Registration opens at 10.30am, at the Purin Hill car park (as in previous years), near East Lomond, (car-park is one mile up the hill midway off the Falkland road A912). No entry fee, and a snack and drink will be provided for all runners. We have been lucky with the weather on race day before, but just in case, be sure to bring plenty of warm and waterproof clothing.
The under 13s race starts at midday; all other races at 12.30pm. The courses will be the same as for 2018, with all races starting and finishing near the car park, and ascending East Lomond, with routes varying according to age. The courses are suitable for hill shoes or trainers, but not for spikes. All routes will be marked and marshalled.
- U13: ABCDEFDCBA (c.2.25k, 100m ascent)
- U15: ABCDEFGBA (c.3k, 100m ascent)
- U17: ABCDEFGBCDEFGBA (c.5.8k, 200m ascent)
- U20: ABCDEFGBCDEFGBCDEFGBA (c.8.6k, 300m ascent)
- U13 Isla Hedley, Fife AC 11:19 (2017)
- U15 Anna Hedley, Fife AC 15:34 (2018)
- U17 Emily Nicholson, Pitreavie AAC 32:27 (2015)
- U20 Lauren Dickson, Lasswade 48:32 (2018)
- U13 Calan Chong, Giffnock North 10:57 (2018)
- U15 Sam Griffin, Aberdeen 14:28 (2018)
- U17 Logan Rees, Fife AC 28:09 (2013)
- U20 George Rees, Fife AC 43:53 (2017)
No data available.