Ceres 8 Virtual Road Race – 2020
Scottish Athletics license no: 11615
For those of you who would like to recce the route, the mile markers are now in place. The start is a very short distance up the hill from the Memorial Hall, near the last house. The first mile goes past the New Gilston turn, up the hill, almost to the trees, where there is a ‘turn’ marker on the road. This is where you turn around, and run back down, past the 1 mile marker, to the New Gilston turn (now on your left), and follow that road towards New Gilston. If you are not familiar with the route, please check the map under Race route.
Please note protection level 3 regulations apply to Fife.
- Runners must attempt the race between 00:01 on Monday 30 November 2020 and 23:59 on Sunday 6 December 2020 inclusive.
- The race route can be found at https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1059967.
- The course must be run in a clockwise direction.
- There will be start, finish and mile markers.
- Runners must be at least 16 on the day they run the race.
- Entry is limited to runners living in Fife due to current Covid-19 restrictions.
- There is no pre-entry for the race.
- Eligible runners who wish to take part in the race should
- complete the run between the dates mentioned above, and
- submit their race data via the online form at https://forms.gle/3LntAM3mTw1rYd6TA by 23:59 on Monday 7 December 2020.
- Payment instructions will be sent to participants on submission of race data.
- Members of Fife AC : free
- Other runners affiliated with Scottish Athletics : £3
- Everyone else : £5
- SumUp payment links, if applicable, will be sent to participants once they submit their race data via the online form.
- Payments should be made by 23:59 on Wednesday 9 December 2020. Anyone who has not paid their fee by this deadline will not be included in the race results.
- There will be no refunds unless the race is cancelled.
- Participants are encouraged to provide evidence to verify their race time and route, such as
- Link to a public Strava or Garmin Connect or other activity page for the run (preferred),
- Screenshots of run data from a device, and
- Route data in the form of .gpx or .tcx files
- Instructions for submitting evidence are given in the online form.
- Female and male winners in the following categories will be announced:
- Overall, U20, Senior, V40, V50, V60, V70, V80 and Club team
- Runners with the 3 best times from the same club, irrespective of age category, will count towards the team competition.
- Results will be published in the Fife AC website and on Fife AC Facebook.
- The winner in each category (including winning teams) will be given free entry to next year’s Ceres 8 race.
- All government guidelines in force at the time of the race should be strictly followed. These can be found at https://www.gov.scot/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance/.
- Similarly, sport-specific guidance from Scottish Athletics on events during the pandemic should be followed. This can be found at https://www.scottishathletics.org.uk/clubs/club-support/coronavirus/.
- Runners are particularly reminded not to travel or run in groups while taking part. Currently there are strict rules about car sharing and the organisers expect participants to adhere to these rules.
- Since the race can be run on any one of a number of days, there will not be a temporary traffic regulation order (TTRO) in place.
- There will not be any marshals or first aid stations or water stations or toilet facilities along the route.
- Runners are responsible for their own safety and are asked to be mindful of the safety of other road users.